BIGSOUND Refund Policy
In the event of Government changes to COVID capacities and protocols, QMusic will follow all revised guidelines, and reserves the right to change ticketing processes accordingly.
Please note that refund or exchange requested for non-COVID-19 related issues may not be possible. BIGSOUND will only offer a full refund of a ticket or delegate pass if an event is cancelled, rescheduled, or significantly relocated by the Seller (and you cannot or do not wish to attend the rescheduled or relocated event), or to the extent otherwise required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law). You must apply for a refund within a reasonable time. Except as otherwise stated in these terms, BIGSOUND does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your personal circumstances.
You acknowledge and agree that tickets are not refundable if admission is refused due to not complying with entry and event policies.
Oztix are our ticketing partner for the BIGSOUND music showcases in the evening. For further details on Oztix’s ticketing and refund policy, click here: https://www.oztix.com.au/termsconditions/
By coming to BIGSOUND – for work, play or both – you agree to abide by our Collective Responsibility values. Should any situation arise whereby you have breached this or any of the Terms and Conditions QMusic have the right to take appropriate action, including the revoking of perpetrators’ credentials without refund, termination of contract, banning from any future QMusic events and reporting of the matter to relevant authorities.
Member rate applies to members of QMusic, AIR, AAM, IMNZ, WAM, MusicACT, MusicNSW, MusicSA, Music NT, Music Tasmania, Music Victoria, A2IM, CBAA, MMF NZ.
N.B. Reciprocal membership of the above organisations entitles you to one (1) discounted registration per membership except where indicated below.
The only membership categories that entitle you to more than one discounted delegate pass are:
QMusic Business / Organisation membership - maximum FOUR delegate passes
QMusic Band membership - maximum TWO delegate passes
You can obtain your QMusic Business / Organisation or Band membership HERE.
All prices are in Australian dollars and do not incur GST
Terms and Conditions and our Refund Policy are below.
Student Discount Terms and Conditions
Important: BIGSOUND is a strictly 18+ event. Anyone purchasing a Student Pass must be 18 as at Tuesday 5 September 2023.
Student IDs must be valid up to 8 September 2023.
Student IDs must be presented when collecting delegate passes at the event. If you do not have an ID, you will not be able to collect a pass.
If your student ID is no longer valid at the time of the event, you will be required to pay an additional fee to claim your pass.
All festival venues are strictly 18+.
General Terms and Conditions
To register as a member you must quote your membership number. If you do not know your membership number please contact the participating organisation before registering.
If you are not a current QMusic member and would like to join QMusic before registering please see www.qmusic.com.au
Delegate passes are not transferable.
Lost or stolen BIGSOUND delegate passes will not be replaced. A new delegate pass will need to be purchased at the full rate for continued access to BIGSOUND events, including showcases, parties and conference panels.
All BIGSOUND Festival shows in the evenings are 18+ events.
Inappropriate behaviour such as physical and verbal abuse, derogatory or discriminatory language or behaviour, any type of harassment, racism and sexism, or anything else we consider inappropriate will not be tolerated at BIGSOUND. If you are banned from an official event venue because of inappropriate/disruptive behaviour, you acknowledge and agree that BIGSOUND reserves the right to revoke your delegate pass without a refund.
The Queensland Government has designated the Fortitude Valley Special Entertainment Precinct a 'Safe Night Precinct', in which all live music venues must scan IDs on entry after 10 pm. BIGSOUND benefits from a suspension of this process, so that you may enjoy swift access to participating venues during the event. If you are banned from a BIGSOUND venue for any reason, BIGSOUND has a legal obligation to revoke your delegate pass and you will subsequently be banned from all other BIGSOUND venues during the event. This policy is in line with the Queensland Government 'Safe Night Precinct' regulation.
BIGSOUND will be recording events by way of photographs, video, and other means. There is no viable method by which we can guarantee you will not be recorded if you attend BIGSOUND. If you do not wish to be recorded, you must not attend the event. Recordings may be used for promotion of future events, and for promotion of the organisers’ business and services.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Obtaining a ticket to BIGSOUND and being admitted into a BIGSOUND event is subject to these Terms and Conditions.
(a) “BIGSOUND” means the BIGSOUND 2023 Event which encompasses all events, conferences, workshops, artist showcases, concerts and parties organised, staged and conducted by the Organiser between 5 September 2023 and 8 September 2023.
(b) “Event(s)” means any event that is part of BIGSOUND.
(c) “Organiser” means Queensland Music Network Incorporated ABN 14 083 014 720.
(d) “Patron(s)” means a Ticketholder who is in attendance at an Event.
(e) “Ticketholder(s)” means the person who holds a ticket.
(f) “Venue(s)” means the premises, venue or location of an Event.
(g) “Venue Operator” means the owner, tenant or person, business or corporation that otherwise has exclusive possession of the Event Venue.
Conditions of entry
1. Entry to an Event:
a) you acknowledge and agree that the Event is and is advertised as an 18+ event
b) all Events are prohibited to persons under the age of 18 years old.
2. Ticketholders MUST show valid Photo ID at the Event entrance bearing the same name and date of birth details as those printed on their ticket.
3. Ticketholders acknowledge that:
a) the Organiser does not have exclusive possession of the Venues that the Events are held at and the Ticketholders must follow the directions of the Venue Operator, Organiser and Event staff;
b) they will be required to use public areas to move between Events and Event Venues;
c) the Organiser reserves the right to refuse or deny a Ticketholder entry into, or remove or evict a Ticketholder from, an Event where the Organiser or the Venue Operator has reasonable grounds to do so, including if the Ticketholder breaches these Terms and Conditions, is intoxicated, under the influence of illicit drugs, inappropriately attired, or adversely affecting the enjoyment of the Event by others.
4. If Ticketholders arrive late to an Event, the Ticketholder may not be admitted until a suitable break in the Event. 5. Ticketholders are not permitted to record any Event (audio or video) for any purposes without prior written approval from the Organiser.
6. The Organiser reserves the right to prohibit Ticketholders from taking into the Event, or using, cameras or other photographic or recording equipment (including mobile phones, professional audio or video recording devices, including GoPros, and professional still cameras).
7. Bags, containers and other personal items may be searched at the entry to the Venue to check for any prohibited items, including glass, alcohol, weapons, umbrellas, selfie sticks, video cameras (including GoPros), and drones.
8. If the Organiser considers that you may have prohibited items on your person the Organiser or security personnel may request you to submit to a search, which can only be conducted with your permission. However, if you do not consent to this search, you may be refused entry to BIGSOUND.
9. Inappropriate behaviour such as physical and verbal abuse, derogatory or discriminatory language or behaviour, any type of harassment, racism and sexism, or anything else the Organiser considers inappropriate will not be tolerated at BIGSOUND. Patrons may be removed from the Venue if, in the opinion of the Organiser or Venue Operator, they behave or act in a threatening or inappropriate manner, including without limitation, any aggressive, riotous, abusive, offensive, racist, sexist or insulting actions towards other patrons, Event staff or any other persons at the Venue or the Event. Patrons are required to follow the reasonable directions of the Organiser, Venue Operator and Event staff at all times.If you are removed or banned from an Event or Venue because of inappropriate or disruptive behaviour, the Organiser reserves the right to revoke your ticket without a refund.
10. Protest and political paraphernalia and banners are not permitted during an Event or at the Venue. The Organiser reserves the right to remove any person in possession of or displaying these items (in the Organiser’s sole discretion), or any item which is deemed by the Organiser to be racist, vilifying, sexist and/or offensive.
11. Patrons must not cause damage to, improperly use, or tamper with any Venue facility or Event infrastructure. Patrons must not remove or attempt to remove any item or object from the Venue or surrounding area. Each Patron accepts full liability and responsibility for any loss or damage caused in contravention of this clause or any other term of these Terms and Conditions, and indemnifies the Organiser and its related entities from and against all loss or damage (including legal costs) incurred or suffered by the Organiser and its related entities, however caused, in connection with the Patron’s breach of these Terms and Conditions.
13. Entry to the Venue is at the Ticketholder’s own risk.
14. Activities such as moshing, crowd surfing, climbing and stage diving are strictly prohibited. Patrons engaging in these or other dangerous activities will be removed from the Venue. Ticketholders and Patrons accept all risk and liability for any injuries or damages caused by these or any activities, and indemnify the Organiser and its related entities from and against all loss or damage (including legal costs) incurred or suffered by the Organiser and its related entities, however caused, in connection with a breach of this clause 14.
15. The Organiser recommends that due to noise levels, earplugs should be carried/worn by Ticketholders.
16. The Ticketholder acknowledges that offensive language may be used by some performers and artists.
17. Subject to clause 18, to the maximum extent permitted by law, and to the extent any loss is not attributable to the Organiser’s negligence or recklessness, the Ticketholder acknowledges and agrees that the any liability of the Organiser (and its employees, contractors and agents) for any loss, cost, expense, injury, claim or damages suffered or sustained by any Ticketholder and/or Patron at any Venue or any Event is limited to an amount equal to the price of a Ticketholder’s ticket. Delegate Ticketholders acknowledge and agree that the Organiser limits its liability in respect of breach of any statutory guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) in the manner set out in sections 64A(1)(a) and 64A(2)(a) of the ACL.
18. To the full extent permitted by law, and to the extent any claim is not attributable to the Organiser’s negligence or recklessness, Ticketholders waive all legal rights of action against and fully release the Organiser, its agents, employees and volunteers for all claims for compensation for loss, damage, injury or death howsoever arising out of or in relation a risk accepted by a Ticketholder, including in relation to the Ticketholder’s entry to and presence at any Venue and their attendance at any Event and their involvement in BIGSOUND.
You have rights under the Australian Consumer Law which cannot be excluded by contract. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to limit your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
19. Your name, organisation and website details can be viewed online in the Delegate Portal by other Ticketholders. If permission is given at time of registration, your email address will also be visible.
20. To register as a member you must quote your membership number.
22. Ticketholders acknowledge that the Organiser will be recording the Event. All Ticketholders unconditionally and irrevocably grant their consent for their name, voice, image, and likeness (Likeness) to be included or recorded in any official photography, filming & sound recording (Recording) by the Organiser and/or any of its authorised representatives and contractors, and grant the Organiser the right to use their Likeness for promotion of BIGSOUND, any Event, future BIGSOUND events, and the Organiser’s business and services in perpetuity. Each Ticketholder also acknowledges and agrees they are not entitled to any payment for their Likeness appearing in any Recording, or in any promotional materials using all or part of a Recording. Each Ticketholder releases the Organiser from any loss or damage arising out of their Likeness appearing in a Recording, and the use and exploitation of any Recording or part of a Recording in which their Likeness appears.
23. All Ticketholders agree that ownership of copyright and other intellectual property rights in photography, filming & sound recording or similar will vest in the Organiser on creation.
24. Entry to an Event may be refused if Organiser’s deems the authenticity or validity of a ticket is questionable, including because the ticket has been damaged or defaced in any way, or has not been purchased from the Organiser or other authorised points of sale.
Variations to performances or events
25. The Organiser reserves the right to vary the BIGSOUND program and/or to add, withdraw or substitute presenters, conference speakers and artists.
26. While the Organiser takes all reasonable care to ensure that tickets are correctly priced and only available for sale when intended, sometimes errors may occur. The Organiser may cancel an order made as a result of any such error, although in the case of a pricing error the Organiser will endeavour to contact you to give you the option of purchasing the ticket at the correct price.
27. If the Organiser is required to reprocess a ticket transaction as a result of an error by the Ticketholder, the Organiser may charge the Ticketholder the actual costs incurred in reprocessing the ticket transaction, including any chargeback or postage fees charged to the Organiser by a third party.
Refunds, exchanges and replacements
28. BIGSOUND tickets are not transferrable.
29. The Organiser will only offer a refund or exchange of a ticket if BIGSOUND is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated by the Organiser (and you cannot or do not wish to attend the rescheduled or relocated event), or to the extent otherwise required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law). You must apply for a refund within a reasonable time. The Organiser does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your personal circumstances.
30. If BIGSOUND is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated by the Organiser, all liability is limited to the amount for which the ticket was purchased (less a 10% administration fee). Proof of purchase may be required for any refund or exchange. Unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), the Organiser will not be liable for any other losses incurred by you as a result of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation of an event, including any travel and accommodation expenses.
31. In the event of Government changes to COVID capacities and protocols, QMusic will follow all revised guidelines, and reserves the right to change ticketing processes accordingly.
Please note that refund or exchange requested for non-COVID-19 related issues may not be possible, except in accordance with the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice. BIGSOUND will only offer a full refund of a ticket or delegate pass if an event is canceled, rescheduled, or significantly relocated by the Seller (and you cannot or do not wish to attend the rescheduled or relocated event), or to the extent otherwise required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law). You must apply for a refund within a reasonable time. Except as otherwise stated in these terms, BIGSOUND does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your personal circumstances.
32. Lost or stolen tickets or delegate passes will not be replaced. A new ticket or delegate pass will need to be purchased at the full rate for continued access to BIGSOUND events including showcases, parties and conference panels.
33. If you are removed from any Venue or any Event and/or denied entry to any Venue or any Event, you will not be entitled to any ticket refund in part or in full and/or compensation.
34. Ticketholders acknowledge that there may be restricted capacities at some of the Events or Venues, and ticket purchase does not guarantee entry to these areas in such circumstances. Once it is determined by the Organiser or the Venue Operator (at their sole discretion) that the maximum capacity has been reached in these areas, there will be no further admissions.
Resale of tickets & scalping
35. Tickets may not be resold or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services without the Organiser’s prior written consent. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the bearer of the ticket will be refused admission to the Event and Venue and the Organiser may take further legal action against any parties that have breached this condition.
36. The Ticketholder acknowledges and agrees that the Organiser will not be liable for any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations to the extent such failure or delay is caused wholly or partly caused, directly or indirectly by a Force Majeure Event. A Force Majeure Event means any occurrence or omission outside the Organiser’s reasonable control, as a direct or indirect result of which the Organiser is prevented from or delayed in performing its obligations and includes: a physical natural disaster including fire, flood, lightning or earthquake; war or other state of armed hostilities (whether war is declared or not), insurrection, riot, civil commotion, act of public enemies, national emergency (whether in fact or in law) or declaration of martial law; epidemic or quarantine restriction; ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear waste or from combustion of nuclear fuel; confiscation, nationalisation, requisition, expropriation, prohibition, embargo, restraint or damage to property by or under the order of any government agency; law taking effect after the date of this agreement; strike, lock-out, stoppage, labour dispute or shortage including industrial disputes that are specific to a party or the party's subcontractors
Collection and delivery of tickets
37. You must allow adequate time for collection or delivery of tickets. Methods of collection and/or delivery will be available when choosing your collection/delivery details. In the interests of minimising ticket scalping, the Organiser may change your delivery method to "venue collect" at its discretion.
38. Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided for collection of tickets and at the event.
39. Any provision or part provision of these Terms and Conditions which are or becomes illegal or unenforceable may be severed from this document and the remaining provisions or part provisions of these Terms and Conditions continue in force.
40. The laws of Queensland, Australia govern these Terms and Conditions.
41. Unless the context otherwise requires a word which denotes:
a) the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
b) any gender includes the other genders; and
c) a person includes an individual, a body corporate and a government.
42. Unless the context otherwise requires a reference to:
a) any legislation includes any regulation or instrument made under it and where amended, re-enacted or replaced means that amended, re-enacted or replacement legislation;
b) any other agreement or instrument where amended or replaced means that agreement or instrument as amended or replaced;
c) a clause, schedule, annexure or exhibit is a reference to a clause of, annexure to, schedule to or exhibit to this agreement;
d) a group of persons includes any one or more of them;
e) any thing or amount is a reference to the whole and each part of it; and
f) "$" or “dollars” are the lawful currency of Australia.