Membership Terms and Conditions
Member rate applies to members of QMusic, AIR, AAM, IMNZ, WAM, Music Victoria, Music NT, Music Tasmania, Music Australia, AMPAL, AIM, WIN, A2IM, CBAA, MMF NZ.
N.B. Reciprocal membership of the above organisations entitles you to one (1) discounted registration per membership except where indicated below.
The only membership categories that entitle you to more than one discounted delegate pass are:
- QMusic Business / Organisation membership - maximum FOUR delegate passes
- QMusic Band membership - maximum TWO delegate passes
You can obtain your QMusic Business / Organisation or Band membership HERE.
If you are a member of another music organisation not listed here please contact Roxy Noori on firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 7 3257 0013 before proceeding with your delegate registration.
All prices are in Australian dollars and include GST.
Terms and Conditions and our Refund Policy are below.
Student Discount Terms and Conditions
Important: BIGSOUND is a strictly 18+ event. Anyone purchasing a Student Pass must be 18 as at Tuesday 4th September 2018.
Student IDs must be valid up to 7 September 2018
Student IDs must be presented when collecting delegate passes at the event. No ID, No pass.
If your student ID is no longer valid at the time of the event, you will be required to pay an additional $300 to claim your pass.
All festival venues are strictly 18+
Conference Passes Include:
Entry to all BIGSOUND conference sessions (subject to capacity restrictions)
Access to online delegate networking
Entry to all festival showcase events on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights (18+ venues / subject to capacity restrictions)
Access to BIGSOUND parties and after party
Conference show bag
Media passes will be available via application only. To be notified when applications open, contact email@example.com
Conference Pass Collection
You can collect your delegate pass during the following times from:
IMA, Ground Floor, Judith Wright Centre:
- Tuesday 4 September - 10am to 8pm
- Wednesday 5 September - 9am to 8pm
- Thursday 6 September - 9am to 5pm
- Friday 7 September - 10am to 2pm
- Proof of identification must be shown when collecting your pass.
- Students who have purchased a Student Pass must show a valid student ID when collecting their passes.
- NO ID, NO PASS.
Your conference pass will get you into all things BIGSOUND, including the music festival.
Venue: Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts
420 Brunswick St, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane
The IMA is down the stairs in front of you as you enter the Judith Wright Centre through the main entrance on Brunswick Street.
General Terms and Conditions
- Your name, organisation and website details can be viewed online in the Delegate Portal by other delegates. If permission is given at time of registration, your email address will also be visible
- To register as a member you must quote your membership number. If you do not know your member number please contact the participating organisation before registering
- If you are not a current QMusic member and would like to join QMusic before registering please see HERE.
- Delegate passes are not transferrable.
- Lost or stolen BIGSOUND delegate passes will not be replaced.
- A new delegate pass will need to be purchased at the full rate for continued access to BIGSOUND events, including showcases, parties and conference panels.
- All BIGSOUND Festival shows in the evenings are 18+ events.
- Inappropriate behaviour such as physical and verbal abuse, derogatory or discriminatory language or behaviour or any type of harassment, racism and sexism will not be tolerated at BIGSOUND. If you are banned from an official event venue because of inappropriate / disruptive behaviour, BIGSOUND reserves the right to revoke your delegate pass without a refund.
- The Queensland Government has designated the Fortitude Valley Special Entertainment Precinct a 'Safe Night Precinct', in which all live music venues must scan IDs on entry after 10pm. BIGSOUND benefits from a suspension of this process, so that you may enjoy swift access to participating venues during the event. If you are banned from a BIGSOUND venue for any reason, BIGSOUND has a legal obligation to revoke your delegate pass and you will subsequently be banned from all other BIGSOUND venues during the event. This policy is in line with the Queensland Government 'Safe Night Precinct' regulation.
BIGSOUND Refund Policy
Up to Friday, 17 August - Refunds of BIGSOUND registration may be permitted on a case by case basis. Delegates must notify the organisers in writing no later than 17 August 2018. If a refund is agreed to, a 10% admin charge will be deducted from the refund amount.
After Friday, 17 August - BIGSOUND registrations are not refundable.