The Levi’s® Music Prize is open to artists that have played on the BIGSOUND Festival line-up in the last 5 years, including 2017. These are artists that have already engaged in some kind of export/international touring activity – which is the focus of the prize.
The total Levi’s® Music Prize is a contribution of $100K annually which will be divided into 4 x $25K sums which will go towards funding 4 x quality artists/acts each year.
The prize has 2 components:
- From 2017, one artist showcasing at BIGSOUND each year will be judged by a panel of international industry representatives to be the winner of a $25,000 prize, announced on the Friday morning of the BIGSOUND conference. By applying to showcase at BIGSOUND Festival 2017, you’re automatically in the running for the prize awarded at BIGSOUND. Certain terms and conditions will apply. If you win the prize, you must provide a sound business plan which meets approved criteria for how the money will be used to further your career before it can be released to you.
- Artists that have played on the BIGSOUND Festival line-up in the last 5 years (including 2017) can apply for 1 of another 3 x $25,000 prizes, to be judged at the end of the December, March and June quarters each year. At the conclusion of BIGSOUND 2017, an application form will appear on this website that can be completed to be in the running for the other 3 prizes. Each entrant will need to provide a sound business plan to support their intentions and goals, and the winner will be determined by a judging panel including industry experts. The prize will fund up to 80% of the proposed project to a maximum of $25,000 – you need to have some skin in the game.
The following is a summary of certain key terms and conditions of the Levi’s® Music Prize. Please read the Complete Rules, Terms and Conditions for a complete understanding of the Levi’s® Music Prize rules, terms and conditions.
· The Levi’s® Music Prize consists of a cash award of up to A$25,000 awarded 4 times per year.
· To be eligible, Artists must have performed at the BIGSOUND Festival in the past 5 years, and satisfy Australian residency requirements and other eligibility requirements set forth below.
· One award will be made to the winning Artist at the BIGSOUND Festival, who will be required to submit a project proposal covering the use of the funds after being named the winner. The other 3 awards will be made to Artists who apply for the Levi’s® Music Prize by submitting a project proposal during 3 quarterly application periods from (i) 9 September to 9 December; (ii) 10 December to 10 March; and (iii) 11 March to 11 June.
· Project proposals will be evaluated on the basis of feasibility, quality and specificity of the proposal and budget, and the degree to which the funds would help take the Artist’s music career to the world stage. The judging panel will consist of representatives of the Sponsor and music industry professionals, and all decisions are final.
· Winning Artists agree, if requested, to perform at future BIGSOUND Festival events, including Levi’s® showcase performances, and participate in other promotional activities, events, or music festivals. at the reasonable request of the Sponsor. Reasonable travel and accommodation expenses will be paid by the Sponsor or Queensland Music Network.
· In connection with the sponsorship of the Levi’s® Music Prize, it is the Sponsor’s intention to use recordings of the Artists and their performances for the purpose of promoting the Levi’s® Music Prize and the Levi’s® brand’s association with music and ancillary purposes without further payment of any license or other fee (except for the nominal fee stated below). All other uses of recordings of the Artists and their performances will require the approval of the Artists.
· Winning Artists will not be publicly associated with or be involved directly or indirectly in the promotion of any other apparel company that has a significant offering in the denim category from the date of the announcement of the Artist winning the Levi’s® Music Prize until eighteen (18) months after the last Levi’s® Music Prize award payment is made